Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Wet and Icky Bums!

OK...I have been dealing with wet bums for 1454 days. Yep, changing wet and icky bums for almost exactly 4 years.

For the most part, it has not been too bad for me...if you do not count the terrible morning sickness I got every time I changed DJ's bum while pregnant with Anderson. Or, when I started fretting that with Madigan's arrival I would have three in diapers - thank goodness DJ got back on the saddle, errrr, toilet seat!

I thought the next big wet bum milestone would be Anderson finally committing to using the potty 100% of the time. Nope! That is coming, but we are not quite there yet...so you would think I would be dealing with 2 wet bums icky bums - Anderson and baby Madigan. Nope! I am dealing with three now!

Recently DJ has switched from sitting to pee to standing. And last night I came to the cold, wet, icky realization that in our house, the potty-trained males out number potty-trained girls and it will always be that way.

How did I come to this realization? When I went to sit down on the toilet and fell in!

I admit it, I have been spoiled. My husband was trained well for putting down the toilet seat. He had to be, coming from a house of 4 females and only 2 males. So, now, as soon as I thought I was done toilet-training DJ, am once again toilet-seat-lowering-training him.

When, oh when will wet and icky bums be a thing of the past?????!!!!!!

3 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

isn't that the worst????
falling into the toilet b/c there is no seat?
UGH!

Don Mills Diva said...

Ugg - you might not get any peace til your boys move out - but then again your hubby may have regressed by then!

S said...

Oh, God. This happens to me ALL the time.

Sigh.