Thursday, October 16, 2008

Today and Tomorrow

It has been exactly 30 days since I last ate real food. I have been doing great - feeling great. I had no problems leaving food and following my medically-supervised 4 shakes a day plan. It has felt like a "vacation from food". I do not have to worry about food prep. I do not have to measure portion sizes. I do not have to count calories. Mix. Shake. Drink.

For the first 30 days I had very few food cravings. I did not face any difficult challenges. It has been easy.

Today has been tough. Thirty days and 120 shakes into the program and I have finally hit a mental challenge.

Up until now, it has been a wonderful experience. I have been able to recognize old, destructive behaviours and have been forming new rules, regulations and lifestyle changes to implement when I "go off product".

Over the first 30 days I was able to loose weight, increase my exercise and keep motivated. I have learned so much in my group sessions, personal sessions and on my own. I have been succeeding in my weight loss journey.

Today is different.

Today, I am tired. Today, I am sore (low back/hip). Today, I wondered what food would taste like. Today, I thought perhaps some junk food would lift my spirits. Today, I was tempted by every bit of food I have prepared for the family. Today, everything smelt so delicious. Today, my 22 pound weight loss did not matter. Today, I battled my inner-cravings.


Today, I was challenged.

Today, I won.

Tomorrow, I will be better off than I was today.

Tomorrow, I will realize my strength, commitment and desire to succeed.

Tomorrow, I will have yet one more "fasting-experience" that will help me cope with food temptations.

Tomorrow, I will win again.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

You can do it and I know you will!! I'm sorry today was so rough....

Pregnantly Plump said...

Your willpower is so amazing! I hope tomorrow is easier for you, but am so proud and impressed that you fought those snacking demons so well!

Sue said...

Congratulations on winning that battle. I know well how it goes and I applaud not only your strength, but your celebration of that strength! You go, girl!

AutoSysGene said...

(((Laura))) One day at a time :)

DJ said...

Keep up the excellent work - I've only been 10 days into the "liquid diet", but feel so much better & have so much more energy too - You are doing great!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Good for you! Your program sounds so intense. Do you have to do a slow reintroduction of food at some point? How soon do you get to do that?

Kat said...

Yay! So glad you made it through such a rough day! :)

Forgetfulone said...

You should be so very proud of yourself. I am.

Janet said...

Hooray for willpower! When DO you get to eat real food again?

Tara R. said...

Yay for you! This is a tough plan and you should be so proud of yourself for working so hard to make it a success. You go girl!

Barrie said...

You should be so so proud of yourself. Talk about willpower!

InTheFastLane said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I have been following, although not always commenting, because I don't want to keep saying the same thing until it becomes meaningless. But, you are doing awesome. I have been so impresed.

Everyday Superhero said...

Ups and downs. Part of the journey. You're doing great.

Kellan said...

You ROCK! You are doing a fabulous job - keep it up - you can do it!!!

Take care - Kellan

L said...

I give you credit. The only time I did that was when I was forced to and not because I wanted to.

DM Tuff said...

Congrats Laura it is wonderful and terribly impressive. Mostly I wanted to say I really enjoy your writing - it's a joy to read. Keep going!!!!!!!