I am taking a cue from In the Gutter. This wonderful blogger-super woman brought up the idea of a Thankful Journal in a recent post. What a great idea..so, today's post from the Fringe will feature a few things of which I am thankful.
Then, taking a cue from the ever-funny, insightful and most wonderful Kellan from On The Upside, I am going to also look at some of the challenges facing our household with a more positive attitude.(I LOVE both the above mentioned blogs and I encourage you all to go visit these wonderful ladies!)
Here are a few of the things I am most thankful for:
1) I am very thankful that Wednesday went much better than Stinky Tuesday. And the upside is that all the laundry is completely done, folded and put away!
2) I am thankful that Madigan is no longer Red Handed. It took 2 face cloth scrub downs, 4 baths, 5 sleeps and one good swim in a pool to remove all - well most - of the red food colouring. There is still small traces in the bed of her finger nails and a faint smear of red in the bends of her elbows. On the upside, we now know how long red food colouring stains the skin and that it is not toxic!
3) I am thankful that DJ's fingers have gone from "Really Good" to not bad. Both fingers remained swollen for a couple of days and both finger nails turned purple and blue. His one finger nail has fallen and the other will probably follow suit. The upside is that I finally got off my butt and sent in the forms to get replacement medical alert bracelets for him! And another upside is that Mommy's hugs and love are still the best medicine.
4) I am super thankful that Susan's biopsy on her Left Boob came back clear. Sadly, we have not gotten together to share a drink and toast this good news. On the upside, when we do get together it will be a GREAT celebration. Sue - let me know when we can do this!!!
5) I am super thankful that my Mom and Dad have offered to babysit Madigan and Anderson for 4 days in August so that Hubby and I can attend Tara's wedding where DJ will get to wear his Handsome Tattoo. On the upside - well...the only downside is that my parents will not be attending the wedding of the century - on the selfish side of things, there are ONLY upsides to this arrangement!
6) And finally - I am very thankful for two awards I have been given. I love bloggy-awards and bloggy-love! It amazes me that there are people out there reading my little blog and enjoying it. I really think that is cool. I am so addicted to blogging now, and it is all about meeting new people, sharing and caring together as we maneuver through our crazy, hectic lives.
The wonderful Melissa, over at Hope for the Hopeless sent me this wonderful award:
(Melissa, sorry for the delay in posting this...I really appreciate you thoughtfulness.)
And the brilliant blogger Forgetfulone sent me this cool award: