Way back on October 15 my friend Andrea tagged me for a meme. I was pretty frigg'n thrilled, as it is the first time this has happened...but alas, life got in the way (French mid-term, sewing Halloween costumes, etc.) and I took a short hiatus from posting...but I am back and here is the meme.
7 Random Facts About Me
1) I asked my husband out on our first date. After a rainy, cold soccer match I went up to him and said, "If you want to get to know me off the soccer pitch, I'd be game for that!" Immediately after our first date my good friend S-L and I drove to Perth for a soccer tournament, during the drive I informed S-L that I think I will marry David...and I was right.
2) I LOVE licorice and when I open a new bag, I have a quirky way of eating it. You MUST eat one of each colour before just grabbing some, or before repeating a colour. It is a rule...even my husband now follows it!
3) Up to grade 11, I wanted to be a nun. Yep, believe it or not, that is a fact!
4) In 1999 I took an adventure trip to Africa - I had hoped it would be the proverbial "life changing experience".... AND IT WAS - BIG TIME!
5) I love INTERACTIVE FOOD. Anything I can pick at and get messy eating...ribs, chicken wings, shelled sunflower seeds, crab...the more interactive the better!
6) In grade 12 I basically delivered a baby! I was working at a convenience store and a pregnant lady came in and her water broke and she went into labour - I had to call 911 and close down the store...the baby was born in the store. I was thrilled to hear the proud parents named the little girl "Caitlyn Laura"... and happy the name was not "Caitlyn Qwiki Mini Mart".
7) I absolutely ADORE my husband. He is amazing and the fact is, I am super lucky to have him in my life. And on the same note, I ADORE my 3 wonderful kids. I would do anything for David, DJ, Anderson and Madigan - they are my life, my loves and my dreams come true.
Ok....now I get to tag people....here goes!
I would like to learn 7 random facts about the following really cool blogging friends I have recently "met":
Kelly at Donmillsdiva
Slouching mom at Slouching past 40
Danigirl at Postcards from the Mothership
Mrs. Schmitty at It's A Schmitty Life
Liz at Mom 101