Thursday, October 25, 2007

Stay in School Speech

Is it ever too early to start giving the "Stay in School" speech? I do not think so...especially after walking DJ to the bus stop yesterday.

Here is the conversation I had with my son, the Junior-Kindergarten Attendee:

DJ: WOW mom, I like all the leaves. They are pretty colours. Why do they change colours in the Fall?

ME: Well, the tree knows that winter is coming and some leaves do not like the cold, so when the summer sun is not helping them stay green, they start to change colour and then they fall to the ground.

DJ: Oh. Cool. So, leaves fall so we know it is fall. What is that man doing?

ME: He is fixing his ditch drainage pipe. Maybe some dirt got into it and he needs to clear it out.

DJ: Oh. Cool. Look at the plane in the sky mom. How does it stay up there?

ME: The pilot knows how strong the engine needs to be and the right angle for the wings and the plane stays up with aerodynamics - or something like that.

DJ: Oh. Cool. Boy mom you are really smart.

ME: Thanks DJ. You will get very smart too the longer you go to school. It is important to keep in school and learn all kinds of cool stuff.

DJ: Mom, I think kindergarten is enough for me. If I ever need to know anything, I can just ask my smart mommy.

hmmmmmmm....do I have him fooled or what!

1 comment:

S said...

From that sweet statement to "Mom, you don't know what you're talking about" in just a few short years.

Don't say I didn't warn you. Heh.