First off, THANK YOU! Thank you everyone who has been reading and commenting on my blog. I really appreciate your kind comments, funny stories and bits of information. Most of all, I appreciate your support and friendship.
A million times a day I seem to quickly check my blog to see any new comments. I LOVE GETTING COMMENTS! I get all excited when I see the counter has changed. You can only imagine how excited I was to see double digits!
I blog for many reasons, but I never realized how important the comments and support I get from all of you is to me. All the comments I received on Tuesday about Benjamin really helped me validate and understand the many emotions and feelings I have about that special little boy, his struggle, death and legacy. It also helped me further understand my connection and friendship with Donna. Everyone was so kind, and the comments so wonderful that it all brought tears to my eyes. I struggled to get that post out of my head. And it was worth it, because of the comments and support I got from all of you.
I love seeing comments from new readers. I then link to their blog and get acquainted with their posts. And I look so forward to hearing what my regular-readers and blog-pals have to say. I love guessing who will comment!
All the wonderful comments got me thinking. Being relatively new to blogging, I have a few blogging etiquette, or blogiquette questions.
1) Do you/should you reply to all those who comment on your post?
---After reading each comment, I felt like sending a personal note back - or better yet, calling up the commenter and chatting for hours! I felt so connected and supported!
2) Do you read other people's comments?
---I find myself looking at other people's comments, especially if I was touched or moved by a post, and linking to the commenter's blog and peeking around and usually leave a comment of my own!
3) Some of my new blog-friends send me an email commenting or following up on a comment I left on their blog. How can I do that too? Is there an automatic way of replying?
4) I have heard about update lists that tell you when favorite blogs have new posts. Which of these neat tools do you recommend? I love so many blogs (and the list seems to grow every day!) and find myself clicking through to them all and just hoping not to miss a great post.
5) How did I ever live without my blog? I love it!!! Anyone else feel this way? I have found this such a great outlet, therapy, memory keeper and friendship maker!
Well, I will end this rambling with another THANK YOU! I so appreciate every one's comments.
And, if you are a lurker, PLEASE leave a quick comment - I would LOVE to hear from you!