Tuesday, January 1, 2008

GREAT in EIGHT

I have never really been one for new year's resolutions, but I think I need to make a short, realistic list to help me be GREAT in EIGHT!

Firstly, I want to be the best mom I can be...I am not really sure what that all entails, but I am up for the challenge.
- I promise to take care of myself, so that I can take care of my wonderful family.
- I resolve to never skimp on hugs and kisses - but at the same time, be a bit more strict and set better limits for my kiddies.
- I resolve to make quality time for each child, a special mommy-and-me time to smother each of my darlings with the love and attention they deserve - but at the same time, allow each of my children the space to explore, grow and learn on their own.

Secondly, I want to loose weight, get control of my food intake and work out more. I want to find that body I had before I had 3 kids in 38 months!
- I promise to cut my portions, but at the same time, allow myself a treat every now and again.
- I resolve to get more active, but at the same time, get more sleep - even if it means missing a late night soccer game! (I go back to work in a few weeks and waking up at 3:10 AM is going to be tough!)
- I promise to write down everything I eat during the day, but at the same time, I will not beat myself up if I slip and eat inappropriate items OCCASIONALLY!

Thirdly, I want to continue to scrapbook and blog. These are wonderful releases for me and I love doing them!
- I hope to take a photo every day to document and preserve my wonderful memories, but at the same time, I promise to be less camera shy so that my kids have some photos of their mom!
- I hope to blog daily fun, loony happenings on the fringe, but at the same time, I hope to explore deeper my own self and my own feelings, beliefs and desires.
- I resolve to learn my new digital scrapbooking software, but at the same time, I promise to keep my traditional books up to date.

And while doing all this, and keeping up with daily life, I promise to never take for granted my wonderful life - I am so lucky to have such a wonderful life filled with such wonderful people!

Two-thousand and eight, will indeed, be great!

What are your resolutions?

4 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

Your resolutions sound like good things for all of us. My resolutions are up, but they aren't real resolutions :)

Lainey-Paney said...

good luck, good luck, good luck!

I think my NY resolution is to be less wasteful.

Family Adventure said...

Awesome resolutions...especially the hugging one :)

Heidi

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

These are all very good resolutions. GOOD LUCK!!

Mine are to eat less, blog less and worry less. Heh.