Sunday, August 9, 2009

Private Parts - Priceless

While driving through Alberta, Canada we stopped at Drumheller - Dinosaur land! No trip to this dinosaur discover meca is complete without visiting the WORLD'S LARGEST DINOSAUR.


After we safely parked our van far enough away from the enormous T-Rex (and Madigan was sure he would not eat our van!), we paid the wallet-gouging, tourist-grab admission price to hike up the stairwell, to look out the observation deck.


As we climbed, and climbed, I pointed out interesting parts of the wall murals. Oh yes, the innards of this giant depicted many dinosaur scenes. I also pointed out all the dinosaur bones embedded into the walls.

"Look guys! There is a T-Rex thigh bone! Oh, look, a brontosaurus foot, and a wing from a archaeopteryx, wow, a skull of a triceratops! Cool!"

Then Anderson suddenly piped up and excitedly exclaimed, " And I see his penis! I see the dinosaur's penis!"

GULP! What did my son just yell out loud enough for everyone within 20 feet to hear?!?!?!?!

"Um, Ander, what do you see?"

"His penis. His penis! Look - right there!"


Do you see it??? Ander could be right! (which might explain why they went extinct) It does LOOK like a penis! But...


... it is actually an emergency light fixture!!!!

Oh, the snorts, laughs, giggles, and snickers that were caused by this observation! I thought the mother ahead of us was going to pee her pants, and the man behind David commented it was too bad that was not caught on video!!!!

My son, Anderson - future paleontologist? Who knows!!!!!

7 comments:

Kat said...

Hahaha!!! That is awesome!!! hehehe

Karen said...

Kids always pick the most inopportune moments to comment on private body parts, don't they?

Pregnantly Plump said...

Very funny!! I love kids' points of view.

Manon said...

That's awesome. Save that story to tell at the dinner table when he brings his first girlfriend home. Or for his wedding.

aandjblog said...

omg! I didn't know they had that in Alberta! If I would have known that they had the biggest dino there, I would have checked it out a long time ago.

Have you seen the movie The Wizard? Is this were that dino is?

Also you should watch One Week. I bet you'll see some similar scenery.

looks like you guys had allot of fun

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Goodness! This is a classic! I'm showing this to my husband to prove that other kids say wildly inappropriate (and funny) things too!

Barrie said...

I've always wanted to see that dinosaur. Now more than ever!