But, here are the cold, snowy facts:
- Environment Canada indicated that we will have another 6 weeks of winter.
- Here in Ottawa, Ontario we have had 419 centimetres - the second snowiest winter on the books - and will have bragging rights if we hit 444.6 centimetres by July - yep, the official weather rules state the month July...if I see snow in July, I will scream!
- 419 cm equals 13.745 feet which equals a heck of a lot of shovelling
- According to a senior climatologist from Environment Canada, it is "normal" for this area to get 10 to 15 per cent of our annual snowfall after the first day of spring. Yep, I said AFTER...
- The city of Ottawa is $23 million over budget for snow removal...yep, I said $23 million...
I am so sick of winter!
So, I decided to take a sunny disposition on situation. Think warm, sunny weather! Think warm, sunny weather! Think warm, sunny weather!
That got me thinking...warm, sunny weather will melt the snow...leaving puddles and puddles and puddles and a few more puddles --- so, to demonstrate my new optimistic thinking, I bought these:
COME ON SPRING...I really am optimistic!
(Aren't they cute? Now I want a red 'brella!)