Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday Scrappin' and Yummy Radishes!

Click HERE for more Sunday Scrappin' entries. This is a great site to get ideas and inspiration for all your scrapbooking and paper crafts. Check it out!

This week's challenge was to use an animal print or animal photos in a layout. Well, I did both! And the actual layout I used is also a Ta-da that others may want to try if they have too many photos for a 2 page spread, but not enough for a 3 page spread.

Here are the layouts I did for our trip to Windsor last June. To accommodate the fact that this trip included a variety of pit stops and the fact that I had too many photos for 2 pages, but not enough for 3 pages I did a 1/4 flip page. This is very easy to do. I cut a album page to the size I wanted and scored the one side and used double-sided tape to secure it to the main page of my layout.

On the front of the demi-page I used photos taken during the first leg of the trip and acts as a title page. When the flap is closed you can see only half of the layout about our pit stop to African Lion Safari. And when you open the flap, the short side has photos and journal space about our pit stop in Burlington. This format allowed me to divide the layout into 3 sections and use all the photos I had chosen.

If you look closely, you will see that the letters of GO WILD! are actually an animal print and the thin strips on the main page also are an animal print used to compliment the lettering and the photos we took at this unique zoo in south-western Ontario.

I am pleased with this multi-page layout, unfortunately, the photos do not do it justice.

Demi-flap is closed and you see a one-page spread. One side about our long car drive and the other side about the zoo we visited.



Here, the demi-flap is opened and you can see a demi-page about our pit stop in Burlington. I will add journalling in the red box. On the opposite page there are a few photos about our trip to the African Lion Safari. I will journal in the beige box.

Totally unrelated to scrapbooking - well, unless you count that I will probably scrapbook this event in the future!

For the first time ever we planted a veggie garden. Well, I have done most of the work, but the boys did help planting some of the seeds and they have been thrilled watching the seeds start to grow and bloom.

We planted a veggie garden that included swiss chard, spinach, 4 types of beans, 3 types of tomatoes, peas, carrots, onions, squash, zucchini and radishes.

Well, today we did our first harvest! The boys are so proud! I just had to share the photos!





Have a great week! Thanks for looking in on the Fringe!

8 comments:

ChrissyM said...

What a creative cleaver page idea! I'm going to have remember that! Wow!! Thanks for sharing! The boys are adorable!

Rebecca said...

Great idea! I love hidden pockets, flaps & other creative ways to fit in more photos and/or journaling. Have a great week!

Pregnantly Plump said...

That's great about the garden! We don't have enough space for a real garden, so we tried container gardens for tomatoes this year. Hopefully we'll be as successful.

Unknown said...

Can I just send you all my photos? :) You pages are always amazing!

We are still waiting for our tomatoes and strawberries.....I'm hoping we get them before the deer or bunnies do!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

I love the flip page, so cool! And those veggies look wonderful.

Christine Duff said...

I love your flip page, what a cool idea!

Melanie H said...

Thats a fantastic idea for fitting on more photos, well done and it looks wonderful.

Have a good week and happy crafting.

Forgetfulone said...

I'm so impressed with your ideas and layouts. Everything is fabulous!