Monday, February 23, 2009

Menu Monday - I'm Backkkkkkk!

Check out more Menu Plan Monday entries at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

I'm backkkkkkkk!

Now that I have disbanded my little cooking business, I am back to planning on a weekly basis! And since I ma not cooking for anyone but my own family, I am excited to start experimenting and trying new recipes.

OK. Since I last checked in with Menu Plan Mondays, I have continued to keep to eating healthy and working towards loosing weight. I have successfully transitioned to real food from my liquid diet and am eating between 1200 and 1500 calories a day. My weekly program at the hospital will be ending soon, so, I decided to join Weight Watchers with a friend. I have lost about 65 pounds to day, and would like to loose about 30 more.

So, here is my menu for this week:

Monday
Breakfast - Steel Cut Oats with banana and 1 tbs organic peanut butter
Lunch - Mixed salad veggies with baked tofu and Asian Spray Dressing
Dinner - Left over chicken and veggies

Tuesday
Breakfast - Steel Cut Oats with banana and 1 tbs organic peanut butter
Lunch - Veggie Soup with roasted mushroom caps filled with peppers and cottage cheese
Dinner - Mixed salad veggies with grilled chicken and red wine dressing

Wednesday
Breakfast - Steel Cut Oats with blueberries and 1 tbs organic peanut butter
Lunch - Veggie Soup with roasted mushroom caps filled with peppers and cottage cheese
Dinner - Protein Shake for me before my Boot Camp Class and for the family: Salmon Loaf with green beans - Recipe below

Thursday
Breakfast - Steel Cut Oats with blueberries and 1 sm container of yogurt
Lunch - Left over salmon loaf and beans
Dinner - Mixed salad veggies with unstuffed turkey cabbage casserole

Friday
Breakfast - Steel Cut Oats with blueberries and 1 sm container of yogurt
Lunch - Mixed salad veggies with turkey and cottage cheese/dressing
Dinner - Broiled Shrimp and veggie pasta

Saturday
Breakfast - 1 egg and 1 egg white omelet with lots of veggies with 2 Stone Mill pieces of bread
Lunch - Tuna melt wrap with beef broth soup
Dinner - Mixed salad with left over shrimp

Sunday
Breakfast - protein shake
Lunch - homemade veggie pizzas
Dinner - not sure - going out for dinner with my soccer team!

My food-related goals this week are:
  1. to journal EVERYTHING!
  2. stop taste testing and picking at food while cooking

That's about it!

Have a great and yummy week!

Salmon Loaf

2 cans of salmon, drained

2 eggs, well beaten
1 small onion, chopped finely
1 cup chopped veggies (I usually use assorted peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, and shredded carrots)
1/2 cup bread crumbs - I usually use a mix of whole wheat bread crumbs and ground all-bran and oatmeal: just toss the two into your blender and blend away - makes a great filler! (I also add ground flax seed to the mix!)
1 cup skim milk
Crushed garlic
salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients in order. Pour into greased or "Pammed-sprayed" pan.

Bake at 400 until brown. (45 mins to 1 hour)

3 comments:

Everyday Superhero said...

Good for you for joining WW. It'll keep you on track. By the way, I hope you have 2 snacks during the day.

Don Mills Diva said...

Laura I was just looking at your weight loss stats and I am so impressed - you are pratcically at your goal!

What an incredible accomplishment!

Jillybean said...

The salmon rolls sound good! I have one child who loves salmon so much that he made up a "salmon dance" that he does every time I even mention fixing salmon.
He also does this dance in front of the fish counter at the grocery store.
We just walk away slowly and pretend we don't know him.