Friday, February 20, 2009

Security for Obama

Yesterday was a big day here in Ottawa - Obama came to town.


Security was tight - all RCMP (Royal Canadian Military Police) were on high alert....

...except for this guy!


He was either sleeping behind his snow covered windshield, or he was out looking for a snow brush!!!!!


Honestly, only in Canada!!!!

But hey, what an amazing day!

* This was the scene on Parliament Hill when I delivered my morning report to the Prime Minister's office at 6:45am! People were already gathering to catch a glimpse of Obama!

Can you say Obama Mania, eh?!?!?!?




Thanks Obama for restoring hope and integrity!


5 comments:

Kim said...

Amen girly! I feel the same way. A renewed hope for America!

Barrie said...

I'd love to be able to say, "When I delivered my report to the Prime Minister's office..."

Pregnantly Plump said...

I'm assuming you got to cover his visit? That is so cool! We live kind of close to the White House, but there was no way I could justify getting us out in below 20 degree weather to stand in the huge crowd. I'm hoping to get a chance to go see him speak when it warms up.

Unknown said...

While in the Bahamas last week, a native came up to me out of the blue, asked me if I was American, then proceeded to ask me what I thought about Obama and if I'd voted for him. I guess he has made quite a stir all over the world!

Janet said...

I kind of have a crush on Obama. it's true.