- Cool job - not many people can say they hand deliver a report to the Prime Minister of Canada every day!
- Nifty work - I get paid to watch the news! Oh, and write an overview
- Do not need childcare
- Allows me to be home during the day
- Full time pay
- Permanent federal government position with all the benefits
- Will allow us to save more, faster - you know, to pay off mortgages, van payments and even take a fun vacation or do home renovations
- New ability to do some of the work from home
- I will basically be working a full day, BEFORE some people even get up!
- I will have to adjust my bed time - getting to work for 3am sucks!
- Saturday hours - YUK!
- Not having human interaction since most of my team are not in yet, or work form home
So, after much thought and discussion with hubby - WE decided that applying for the new position at work was the right thing to do. Yes, the hours are STUUUUUUPID crazy, and I have to work 6 days a week - but with David's job being so unstable, the economy so rocky, and the possibility this job will open new doors - the right thing to do was to apply.
Here is the lovely scoop: I use to work 4am-8am- then our project started to get a higher profile and we had quality issues - so, to solve the issue they decided to "go to competition". So, I was "invited" to apply for the new full time position. Instead of contract and part time - the new position is full time and permanent - a huge deciding point for us. I know I am going to be tired (who is NOT tired when they have young kids??) and I know the weekend hours will make for a long week. But David and I will work together to make it work.
So, I have entered the competition for my own-old-new job. Wish me luck...with getting it, and with staying awake AFTER I get it! Who knows? There are currently 3 of us on contract and only 2 permanent positions will be staffed...I may not even win the competition...and that would be ok too!