Sunday morning I met up with my running group. We decided on a nice easy 4km run.
My lovely running partner Lesley read out the route, "Down Merivale to Clyde..blah, blah, blah...turn left onto Bonnie...blah, blah, blah".
About 9 minutes into our route I saw a street sign saying "Bonnie", so we jetted left.
No one else did.
Lesley pulled out the paper and informed me we continue down Clyde, then turn on Bonnie.
Ok. Must be a crescent.
We back track back to Clyde and catch up with the back of the pack.
Down Clyde we go.
I look up and there is a street sign saying "Bonnie". Lesley and I take a left, no one else does.
So, as I am making the turn onto Bonnie, I shout out to the rest of the pack, "This is Bonnie! Turn left!"
No sooner had the words come out of my mouth with there was a painful yelp. I collapsed to the ground. I stepped into a pot hole/crack thingy on the road.
So, apparently, given the fact that I kept trying to turn left onto Bonnie, I have some sort of issue with Bonnie. And now, as I nurse my tender ankle (slight sprain) I am super ticked that I am going to miss my soccer game tomorrow, I am upset I am going to probably miss boot camp and I am royally pissed that I may miss the start of my half marathon clinic that starts on Thursday.
Oh ya, I am mad. So mad that I am cursing Bonnie!
Ok, back to reality. Another reason I am upset is that I have been struggling with my food plan. I have been snacking, making questionable food choices and worst of all, my BLTs are out of control (Bites, Licks and Tastes).
I am already anticipating a weight gain this week based on my eating patterns and based on my monthly cycle - and now the curse of Bonnie.
It feels like a vicious cycle - I eat when I am upset, I cannot exercise to counter any extra calories and that makes me upset, so, well, I eat. Damn Bonnie!
So, this week my setting my food plan is more important than ever!
- Steel cut oats, banana, PB
- Apple slices with Allegro cheese and cracker
- Mixed salad with tuna, low fat dressing
- Veggies and hummus dip
- Grilled chicken and veggies with cous cous
- Steel cut oats, apple, cinnamon
- 1 piece WW bread with tomato and Allegro cheese
- Mixed salad with left over chicken and salsa
- Hard boiled egg, pickles and baby carrots
- WW 5 point frozen dinner
- Steel cut oats, blueberries, vanilla yogurt
- Pita bread with salsa and cottage cheese
- Mixed salad with beef strips and crumbled blue cheese
- Beef stir fry with Bulgar
- Steel cut oats, banana, PB
- Crackers with tomato and cucumber with cottage cheese
- Carrot and ginger soup with crackers
- Mushroom salmon with rice and green beans
- Toasted tomato sandwich with a touch of mayo and cheese
- Kashi Go Lean and vanilla yogurt
- Baked tofu stuffed pita with a side salad
- Hamburger on BBQ with grilled veggies
Here's hoping I can stick to plan this week...already I have been "eating away my ankle pain". And well, that is not good.
Well, off to ice and elevate my ankle in the slim chance I will be able to play soccer tomorrow night!