I had my weekly meeting on Tuesday night. It was very interesting to hear how others are doing with this program, especially since this was our first week.
Again this week we discussed having and getting support - now, while on program, later when we transition back to food, and even further down the line as we implement and live healthy active lives after weight loss.
A main topic has been the benefits of keeping a journal. How important it is to keep both a food journal and a journal of your thoughts, concerns, struggles and successes.
That got me thinking about my blog - or more importantly, all the wonderful people who read and comment on my blog. I wish I could reply to each and every one of you - I would tell you how much your words of encouragement, your support, your suggestions and your humour really help me. It is a bit over whelming - it means so very much to me to have such wonderful blog-friends. THANK YOU.
Now, for a few liquid lessons for this week:
- They were right, once in a state of ketosis you do not feed hungry.
- I do not need to sample or taste food I am preparing.
- My body does not need tons and tons of calories to function - with proper nutrient my energy, mood and body can be fueled with much less than I was accustomed to consuming.
- Sleep is wonderful. Since going on the 900 calorie shake diet, and evenly spreading my consumption through the day I have been sleeping better.
- Pounds lost is not the only indicator that this program is working - look at the positive impact it has had on my mood, my sleep, my activity level, my patience level and my belief in myself.
These five lessons speak louder than any number on the scale.
That said - the number on the scale did go down. As anticipated, at first I was a bit disappointed in the amount lost - but once people helped me put it into perspective, I am very proud. What is more, is that I am starting to look more at the long term results and lessons learned, not just the pounds.
According to the doctor, based on "my cycle" my weight loss was good this week. He did indicate that my results showed a much higher volume of water in my system. No shit Sherlock! I am drinking a bloody gazillion glasses of water like YOU suggested!
According to my hubby, I powered through the week, avoiding temptation or battling through temptation. He also reminded me that I had cut down my exercise level in order for my body to get adjust to the lower calorie intake. David also mentioned that he can see and feel (YA Baby!) a difference in me! Best of all - he is soooooo proud of me!
According to DJ and Anderson our afternoon walks to the park instead of quiet time in front of the computer or TV are much more fun!
According to Madigan my boobies are "broke" and a bit engorged from not breastfeeding. So, that must add to my bulk!
According to the scale I lost just under 4 pounds - that sounds better than 3.65 pounds.
According to my calculations, since the start of this program I have lost just over 12 pounds.
Ya for me!
This week the plan is to increase my exercise and continue to rock at sticking to program.