Friday, December 12, 2008

Fitness Friday & Transition & Cheating

Whew! Friday! Finally!

Big news first - I ate my first "real" food since September 16!!!!

Transition is going well: this week I am on 3 shakes a day with 3 protein "exchanges" and 1 fruit exchange.

I have decided to start with a lunch-time meal. My objective is to get that meal very healthy and consistent, and keep it that way moving forward!

On Wednesday I did very well and felt great! I had a shake at 4:30am, then 1 cup blue berries at 9am and my "meal" at 1pm and a shake at 5pm and again at 8pm.

Meal One - 1 cup salad mixture (spinach, carrots, red cabbage, white cabbage, mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers, green onion) 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese, 8 garlic grilled shrimp. I did cheat a bit since my "cup" was very generous and I added a little spray of no-fat salad spritzer.
Verdict: YUMMY! A great start to my re-introduction to food!
On Thursday I tried follow the same pattern. Underline tried! I had a shake at 4:30am and then at 10am I had half a kiwi and a few grilled shrimp (!). At lunch time I had a similar salad as above, but substituted 2 slices of extra lean turkey breast for the shrimp. I had a shake at 4pm and then after my run in the cold, cold Ottawa weather, I really could not fathom having a cold shake. So, I "cheated". I mixed up another cup of salad with a generous tablespoon of cottage cheese and about an ounce of chicken. I also heated up a mug of no-fat beef broth. It was all so tasty and appreciated after my 1.5 hour workout outside in the bitter cold.
Lunch
Dinner
Verdict: YUMMY times two. I know technically I was cheating and that my "product chart" in my next progress report will show a "slip up", but at least I did not cave into eating one of the 4 birthday cakes I made last week!!!
So, transition is going well. I was very nervous at first, but am now realizing I was very ready for it. I am trying very hard to keep a food journal, track every little thing I put into my mouth and keep accountable for my own positive transition.
Fitness wise, my week was pretty good:

Saturday - 4.78KM RUN (no walking or break) this is actually a funny story that I plan to blog about next week for sure!

Sunday - Soccer game - unfortunately, I slightly sprained my ankle in the first half, so did not run as much as I hoped. :(
Monday - Sore ankle meant no run, so, I did the Turbo Jam Body Sculpt DVD. It was a great workout!

Tuesday - Took the day off! Attended my weight management program and had my largest loss to date - 5.6 pounds!

Wednesday - Boot Camp - WHEW! I completed the entire circuit! It was a skip circuit: we alternated 1 min skipping with 1 min task (biceps, triceps, crunches, lunges, shoulder lifts) There were 7 stations and we did the circuit twice! That is a lot of skipping and sweating!!!

Thursday - Walk/Run - I braved the cold, snowy conditions and had a great run/walk. I jogged for about 1.8 KM and then walked for over one hour with my friend Dawn and then jogged about 1KM. I totally love our Thursday walks: great company, good exercise and fun, no matter the weather conditions!

Friday - I plan on doing the Turbo Jam Body Sculpt DVD

Saturday - I was thinking of maybe going to a lap swim for something different

Sunday - Regular soccer game.
Hope everyone had a great week - keep fit!

5 comments:

InTheFastLane said...

I have been having a lot more tea because drinking a glass of cold water when it is snowing and blowing outside sounds painful :) So, I understand not wanting a shake after being outside.

Unknown said...

Wow, 50 pounds lost. Are you having a good time with clothes? I mean wearing cuter things, or at least feeling like you look cuter in your old things? I find that Goodwill gets me through weight fluctuations because I can get something from there that actually fits for not much money since I wouldn't buy something expensive knowing I was still going to lose more weight. I can't believe you only had liquid since September or that you're exercising like that. Way to go! I'm so proud of you!

BTW, the little word thingy I have to type in to publish this comment is "restring". Interesting, huh?

Kat said...

Congrats on your largest weight loss yet! That is fabulous!!!

I think you will do wonderfully transitioning back. Good luck! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'll bet even the healthiest solid food tastes good right about now.

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

Wow, you must be getting terrifically fit on top of losing weight. and I am completely impressed that you didn't eat cake, wow.