Monday, December 22, 2008

Menu Plan Monday - Week 3 Transition


Check out more Menu Plan Monday entries at I'm an Organizing Junkie.
With Christmas this week, things are pretty simple.
Monday - Stir Fry made with left over roast beef and long grain wild rice.
As promised, I made the roast beef in the crock pot - and the verdict was "GOOD" not fabulous. I actually prefer my oven-based recipe better. So, I think I will stick with that moving forward.

Tuesday - Daddy and the kids will have their regular Pizza Night since I have my Weight Management Class.

Wednesday - We are planning on going to my parents' house for Christmas eve. To help me stick to my eating plan, I am bringing a nice big "fun" salad. I will maybe have a sliver of the tourtiere and a sample of the seafood - but I am going to try very hard to keep on plan.

Thursday - Christmas day dinner will also be at my parents' place - I am bringing green beans and a mashed cauliflower-potato side dish. The recipe is below. I will save my protein exchanges and fruit and veggie servings through the day in order to eat a nice Christmas dinner. I am going to take care to measure and watch my helpings as to stick to plan. (I am also going to be cruel and bring a wonderful cherry-chocolate cheesecake and other yummy goodies for others to feast on!)

Friday - Oat and Flax Crusted Tilapia - Yummy Yummy! Oh, I so love the recipe's at Roni's Site!

Saturday - Left overs from Christmas - I am no dummy - I'm taking home a few doggy bags of my Mom's turkey and fixings!!!!

Sunday - I really cannot think that far in advance today!!!!


Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower

2.5 cups baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 2-1/2 cups)
4.5 cups cauliflower, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 4-1/2 cups)
1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1 tablespoon chives
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

1. Combine cauliflower and potatoes in large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer about 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain.
2. Add sour cream, chives, salt and pepper to saucepan. Using potato masher, mash until blended.
I sometimes add a splash of hot sauce!
Makes 6 servings
Calories - 83
Total fat - 2g
Carb - 16g
Fibre - 3g
Protein - 4g
Dietary Exchange = 1/2 Starch and 2 veggies
MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, and HAPPY, HEALTHY EATING!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yummy Menu. I put cauliflower in my mashed potato too. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Momisodes said...

Oh I am so snagging that recipe! That sounds wonderful :) I will also have to check out the Oat and Flax Crusted Tilapia recipe. This sounds like a wonderful menu. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas!