Friday, November 9, 2007

My dog

I fondly remember my good old school days. I was never a stellar student, but I worked hard and completed all assignments on time. In my household due dates were written in stone. My father was a high school teacher and the importance of getting an education was not lost in our household.

Never once did I even contemplate using the old excuse, "the dog ate me homework", until now.

All day I have been attempting to log onto the internet. Access has been off and on all day - mostly off when I have tried to connect to write my post.

I have felt like I did in the wee hours of the night/morning trying to complete a school project. That rush of adrenalin keeping you in line. That sugar high from the oodles of gummie bears and worms. The final sigh of completing the assignment the best you could (under the circumstances) and then curling up in bed hoping to drift off to sleep, panicked on what grade your effort may warrant in the end.

So, here I am at 11:46 PM eastern time brain storming and trying to type quickly while also attempting to piece together a half decent post. I am haing no luck...I need an excuse.

So, while I desperately try to come up with a great last minute entry for my NaBloPoMo daily assignment, I will nonchalantly glance behind my desk to a tangle mess of cords and cables to verify that no dog ate my internet cable...you never know!

No comments: