Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Partridge in a Pear Tree

We have all heard of the 12 days of Christmas. But really? Who wants a partridge in a pear tree??? I sure do not!

But, with only 40 days before I turn 40 - there are a few things I would like!

Usually when asked what I want for Christmas or birthdays, I either say nothing or list one or two very affordable items...well, not this time!!!!

Drum roll please....

In no particular order, here is the first installment of 40 gifts for Laura's 40th Birthday:

40. Garmin - Forerunner 405 with MHR


This cool running thingy will help me set my routes, pace and I am hoping it will even do the run for me! Seriously, I would love this since I could really track my progress and it would help me with setting my distances and pace while training for my 10K and my eventual half marathon!

I would settle for a lower model - as long as it allowed me to input my 10/1 run/walk pattern and calculated distances and pace. I am not too fussy - though I would require a good tutorial on using the thing since I cannot even set my watch when day light savings time comes around!!!!

2 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

40 is a big one.
if nobody gets you the watch---go get one for yourself.

:)

InTheFastLane said...

ooooo....those are cool....I want one too. If you get two, send one my way. 'k?