Thursday, March 5, 2009

Yawn! Gift Wish # 36

Yawn...a co-worker took this week off for bereavement reasons. So, instead of working my regular 4am to 8am shift, I am working 3am to 9am. Not only are my hours longer, but due to the fact that I am getting up at 2:30 in the morning and I am doing the work of two people - and hitting all my daily deadlines I am stinky-tired! Stinky-tired, I tell you!

My days are long, but for the most part, daily life with the kids has been going well. I am proud that my lack of sleep, work-overload mode, and busy evening workout schedule has not caused me to loose my temper, be short with the kids or slack in my parenting.

Yes, I am tired - but for the most part, mornings with Madigan have been going well and afternoons with all three kiddies have been fun, active and good humoured.

I really think that my weight loss and improved fitness level have improved my coping mechanisms. I am stronger, healthier and more agile. All positive aspects in coping with daily life, and with parenting.

Yet, another reason why I am proud of my weight loss journey so far.

So, this brings me to the next item on my 40th birthday gift wish: I would simply LOVE a new, romantic bedroom.

Currently, we have mismatched, hand-me-down furniture - my dresser is in rough shape. There is no style or decor in the room...unless you count the piles of clothes, discarded toys and books and cat posts. A sexy, relaxing, wonderful bedroom, I do not have! No welcoming bedding, no colour on the walls, only a black out blind on the window and a disheveled, unorganized closet.

I would simply love to redo our bedroom to look like this:

...or something like this:

...oh, ya!
Either of these sweet rooms would make for a
sweet birthday gift, and even sweeter dreams!

4 comments:

Kat said...

Stinky-tired. hehehe That's funny. I mean, not funny that you are stinky-tired. It just sounds funny. ;)

Okay, my hubby would crap his pants if I panted our bedroom pink. But I love it!

AutoSysGene said...

Love the second one. We do have a nice comfortable master bedroom....now, let's talk about new living room furniture and I'm there.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Congrats on maintaining your temper despite fatigue. Truly you are better at it then I am! LOL. Those bedroom sets are so nice! Do you ever go to antique stores? They sometimes have nice stuff for bedrooms.:)

Karen said...

I think you deserve a new bedroom. Go for it! You only live once.