Sunday, November 2, 2008

And the award goes to...

The Parents Bloggers Network, in conjunction with Blurb.com is running an AWESOME contest. You gotta go check it out - but don't make any submissions, cause, you know, The Fringe will be winning!

Thanks to Secret Agent Mama for posting about this virtual costume contest. (You should go visit her amazing photo blog - her photos simply astonish me, they are wonderful!)
I will be bribing the judges, Tracey of Mother May I and Shutter Sisters, Casey of Moosh in Indy, and Aimee of Greeblemonkey, with, um, well, how about all the Coffee Crisp chocolate bars I can steal from the kids' loot? (They are only available in Canada, you know! And they rock!)
So, for fun I have thrown my three little tricker-treaters into the race.

For CUTEST COSTUME in the 2 and under category : PINK CRAYON MADIGAN. The walls and wood stairs, and even the stove at The Fringe all display her masterpieces - her costume was VERY appropriate!


For BEST HOME MADE COSTUME - especially since it cost $1.74 in material and $1.00 for face paint: SPOOKY GHOST DJ. When DJ saw himself in the mirror, well, he almost fainted! He LOVED his costume - and heck, that is what really counts!


For CUTEST COSTUME in the 3 and up category: BATMAN ANDERSON. For the week leading up to Spook Night Ander wanted to wear his costume all day and night. He was especially fond of his cape and mask. For weeks our house has been filled with him randomly yelling out POW! BAM! BOOM!


You can only enter three photos, but here is a few more from our Halloween celebrations.
DJ going to Beavers in his costume - We got him into costume and then told him to get ready for Beavers (Boy Scouts) and he came back looking like this and making ghost noises!

Ghostly Ghost walking with pink crayon! We visited Daddy's work and the kids and their costumes were all the range. I also like this photo because DJ has always seen himself as Madigan's keeper - and this photo captures the love and respect they share.

Mags posing with our pumpkins. The kids and I had so much fun designing the pumpkins - but what we are really proud of is the fact that the three medium pumpkins were grown in our own garden!

The kids had a blast going to our friends' houses and trick-or-treating. All three are at a age where they ooze excitement. DJ and Anderson are all ready trying to decide what to be - at least I will have time to make their costumes!

Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe spook night.

8 comments:

Pregnantly Plump said...

The crayon is the cutest costume!! What a great idea -- I might have to steal it next year!!
Good luck on the contest, I think your cuties are sure to win!!

Tara R. said...

You all have my vote. Spooky DJ is awesome. Love that idea, and it turned out great.

Kat said...

Oh my gosh! They are too cute! I love the pink crayon. What a clever idea!

Nissa said...

That pink crayon is adorable!! I love your costumes & entry photos!

DJ said...

Very Cute - never thought of dressing as a crayon - too adorable!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

So cute! that ghost costume rocks, you did a fabulous job.
Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I love all the kids' costumes, but my FAVE is the ghost! He's gotta win!

Lainey-Paney said...

what cuuuuute costumes.
the crayon is my favorite one too!