Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Weighing in with Questions and Answers

Yesterday I thought I was simply posting about my menu planning for the week. Nothing too exciting - in my humble opinion...then the comments and emails started to come in. WOW.


The amount of support and encouragement that I am recieving from all my bloggy-friends is over whelming. Please - KEEP IT COMING - I need your support and encouragement. I so appreciate your comments and cheers. It is all helping me keep focased and motivated.


Yesterday also sparked a few questions. My inbox began to overflow with question marks! Everything from, "why did you decide on a liquid diet" to "what do the shakes taste like" to " do you have any cravings and how do you control them?".


One comment left yesterday by the wonderful, lovely and ever-brilliant blogger Mrs. Incredible at That's Life v 2.0 really made me stop and think.


"I find it interesting how you are able to detach yourself from the food prep. That is a good skill to have, but I am sure it is not easy.I am also wondering if you have specific cravings, or do you try to not think about that. I am a little afraid to even ask the question, because I don't want to derail your progress. But, I was thinking that with all those shakes you might be wanting something not as sweet. I hope this was not a bad question to ask. I think you are doing awesome and I like hearing about how you are changing your relationship with food. I think that even for people who don't have a lot of weight to lose, examining how we view food in our lives can be valuable."

I am a very open and honest person, and I like sharing my thoughts and opinions. By being open and writing about my weight loss journey I hope to be an example for others - liquid diets are not for everyone - but healthy lifestyles and choices are for everyone. I never thought I would be inspirational for anyone embarking on a improving their lifestyle choices, but maybe I can be just that...maybe I can use my blog to document my own journey, track my progress, keep myself motivated, while sharing my newly acquired knowledge and information and helping others make better lifestyle choises and lead healtheir lives.

So, I now open the floor to you - my lovely readers - ask me anything - well, almost anything - about my Weight Loss Program, commitment or plans. Over the next few weeks I will start answering them to the best of my ability.

I am no expert - just a fat girl working hard to loose the fringe, get control, and rediscovering the person I want to be - all while blogging and doing a liquid diet!

Ask away!

4 comments:

Tara R. said...

You are an inspiration. I think that because you've been so honest, including the difficulties and self doubts, have been great for anyone trying ANY new diet or lifestyle change. You are keeping it real, and that's been encouraging to everyone.

AutoSysGene said...

You've lost 30 pounds..you are so not a FAT girl!!

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

So encouraging, I love how open you are and look forward to hearing more. Go girl!

InTheFastLane said...

You don't have to be an expert. You just have to be you. That is impressive enough.