Monday, November 17, 2008

Menu Plan Monday

This is my third week participating in Menu Plan Mondays.

I love this site, hundreds of people post menus and recipes. It is great to get examples and to try new recipes. Check it out!

I am also about to start week 10 of my liquid diet. Only 3 more weeks, then I begin the gradual re-introduction of food.

For my family meals, I am starting to focus more on veggie-based meals and "bulking up" meals with lots of veggies. I am also introducing new sources of protein and grains to the family, so that when I start eating again I can make one healthy meal for everyone to enjoy.

If you have healthy, easy, family-friendly meals you think I should try, send them my way! I am going to make a separate section where I will feature these meals in hopes of helping others eat better.

This week is a short week since I think my parents offered to take the kids for the weekend (fingers crossed!!!) I am stealing two recipes from last week's Menu Plan Monday, doing a family favorite and a few easy-peasy cheat nights!

Monday - Maple glazed salmon and Parisian salad
  • Easy-peasy! I put the salmon in a shallow baking dish with a bit of water to cover the bottom. Add cut white onion, assorted peppers and then drizzle a dollop of maple syrup on the fish. I add a splash of lemon juice and a dash of pepper. The salad is a pre-packaged salad from Costco - it ROCKS!

Tuesday - Last week Blissville Living featured a Spinach and Cheese Casserole

  • Sounds yummy! I think I will serve it with some long green beans...not sure!

Wednesday - Pizza Night

  • I have my first Boot Camp Work Out at 5:45, so hubby and the kids are having a home-made peperoni and cheese pizza. Gotta love those whole wheat crusts at Lablaws!

Thursday - Last week Home Sweet Simple Home featured a Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore

  • This summer I planted my first vegetable garden and harvested lots of tomatoes. I made freezer bags and freezer bags of spaghetti sauce - cannot wait to use it! I will serve this with rice and a frozen veggie - maybe corn.

Friday - Leftovers

  • If my wonderful and fabulous parents take the little people then David will have left overs. We may have date night and go see a movie.

Saturday - David fend for himself

  • If my wonderful and fabulous parents take the little people then David will fend for himself or we may go out - though I find it tough to sit in a restaurant and not eat. We are going to go see the new James Bond movie - I am so excited!

Sunday - Mom's home cooked meal

  • If my wonderful and fabulous parents take the little people then David will drive out to get the kids while I am at soccer and hopefully my mom will feed him!

Well, that is our week. Should be a good one - especially if my wonderful, fabulous, magnificent, awesome, fun-loving, grandkid-loving parents take the kids for the weekend!!!! The kids adore them and love spending time there, and well, David and I certainly enjoy and appreciate the down-time and together time more than we can even begin to express in words!

Have a great and yummy, and healthy week!

5 comments:

Jillybean said...

I'm impressed that you have your menu planned out for the week.
I always wait until about 4:00 every afternoon before I start thinking "What am I going to make for dinner?"

Wonderwoman said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! We love the Spinach and Cheese Casserole. F.Y.I. - one of the members of the weight loss group I teach accidentally made it with yogurt instead of cottage cheese and she said it was very yummy and much smoother than the original. Your menu looks great - enjoy your week!

Donna said...

Laura,
I would like to know more about your liquid diet. What types of liquid? And how often? When you feel hungry or just at 'meal time'?
You're doing great!

Momisodes said...

I must try the maple glazed salmon recipe. I HEART the bagged parisian salad from Costco. Those dried cranberries, mixed greens and the balsamic vinegrette dressing are heaven :)

Unknown said...

Looks like a good food week. I need to do something like this...I keep thinking I'm going to but I never quite get around to it, to my family's dismay!

Ten weeks of a liquid diet! I'd say you have more self-control than most people I know!