I love this site, hundreds of people post menus and recipes. It is great to get examples and to try new recipes. Check it out!
I am also about to start week 10 of my liquid diet. Only 3 more weeks, then I begin the gradual re-introduction of food.
For my family meals, I am starting to focus more on veggie-based meals and "bulking up" meals with lots of veggies. I am also introducing new sources of protein and grains to the family, so that when I start eating again I can make one healthy meal for everyone to enjoy.
If you have healthy, easy, family-friendly meals you think I should try, send them my way! I am going to make a separate section where I will feature these meals in hopes of helping others eat better.
This week is a short week since I think my parents offered to take the kids for the weekend (fingers crossed!!!) I am stealing two recipes from last week's Menu Plan Monday, doing a family favorite and a few easy-peasy cheat nights!
Monday - Maple glazed salmon and Parisian salad
- Easy-peasy! I put the salmon in a shallow baking dish with a bit of water to cover the bottom. Add cut white onion, assorted peppers and then drizzle a dollop of maple syrup on the fish. I add a splash of lemon juice and a dash of pepper. The salad is a pre-packaged salad from Costco - it ROCKS!
- Sounds yummy! I think I will serve it with some long green beans...not sure!
Wednesday - Pizza Night
- I have my first Boot Camp Work Out at 5:45, so hubby and the kids are having a home-made peperoni and cheese pizza. Gotta love those whole wheat crusts at Lablaws!
- This summer I planted my first vegetable garden and harvested lots of tomatoes. I made freezer bags and freezer bags of spaghetti sauce - cannot wait to use it! I will serve this with rice and a frozen veggie - maybe corn.
Friday - Leftovers
- If my wonderful and fabulous parents take the little people then David will have left overs. We may have date night and go see a movie.
Saturday - David fend for himself
- If my wonderful and fabulous parents take the little people then David will fend for himself or we may go out - though I find it tough to sit in a restaurant and not eat. We are going to go see the new James Bond movie - I am so excited!
Sunday - Mom's home cooked meal
- If my wonderful and fabulous parents take the little people then David will drive out to get the kids while I am at soccer and hopefully my mom will feed him!
Well, that is our week. Should be a good one - especially if my wonderful, fabulous, magnificent, awesome, fun-loving, grandkid-loving parents take the kids for the weekend!!!! The kids adore them and love spending time there, and well, David and I certainly enjoy and appreciate the down-time and together time more than we can even begin to express in words!
Have a great and yummy, and healthy week!