I love it! Why?
It helps me keep organized, I have seen my food budget drop, since I am going to the store with a list and my kids are starting to try new, healthy, interesting meals. I strongly recommend you check out http://www.orgjunkie.com/ and start saving time, money and energy in food prep!
I only have 15 days left on my liquid-only diet and then I start to re-introduce real food. I am getting a little anxious and nervous, but am also looking forward to tasting food again. 12 weeks on chocolate & vanilla shakes is a long, long time! My transition is gradual ans will focus on very healthy and balanced meals, and I promise to share those with you.
This week I have planned a fairly basic week of dinners. I am trying one recipe from last week's Menu Planning Monday, one recipe from the Kraft.com site, one new (modified) recipe and a few family favorites mixed in with a some convenient pre-made meals.
- I thought it sounded easy and tasty - hope the family likes it too!
Tuesday - Burrito Night
- I have my weight management class and dinner needs to be ready quick and early, so, David gets his favorite Costco Pre-packaged meal!
Wednesday - Shredded Asian Cabbage with shrimp with a side of egg rolls
- Gotta use up the left over cabbage! This recipe is from the Kraft.com site. I find the amounts of dressing to be a bit crazy - so, I cut it in half and the dish still has a great flavour.
Thursday - Chicken Drum Sticks with mixed veggies and cous cous
- My boys will eat 3-15 drum sticks each. Yep, you read that correctly. They LOVE drumsticks! I usually make a homemade coating with chili pepper flakes, whole wheat bread crumbs, pepper, Cajun spice and thyme.
Friday - Easy Salmon Rolls and fresh herb buns and green beans
- This will be a fairly new recipe for me, I took an easy on-line version and "bulked up" the veggies to increase the nutritious value of this meal - I hope my family likes it.
Saturday - Mexican Beef Casserole
- Super easy and tasty - my little girl loves this dish!
Sunday - Pizza Night
- I have an early soccer game, so the kids are having pre-packaged pizza and a garden salad - DJ has discovered Daddy's Thousand Island Dressing, and love it (YUK!!!).
Easy Salmon Rolls
8 lasagna noodles, cooked, drained
125 g Brick Cream Cheese, softened (I use a little less than this amount)
Cooked salmon or smoked salmon or can of salmon
1-1/2 cups pasta sauce
Chopped up assorted veggies - I usually use a variety of peppers, zucchini, mushrooms and onions and I use a few of the dried herbs from my garden to give this dish a nice rich taste.
1 cup Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spread noodles with cream cheese; top with salmon and veggies. Roll up, starting at one of the short ends of each noodle.
PLACE, seam-sides down, in greased 13x9-inch baking pan; top with sauce and mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil.
BAKE 25 min. or until heated through, removing foil after 15 min.